Thursday, June 21, 2012

On My Way To Conclusions...

As some have you might have known, my shoulder has been hurting for a while. In an earlier blog I talk about the emotions that have been taken out of in the result of this injury.

I will briefly talk about it and you will be able to read about it more in other blogs if you choose to continue to read them, which I hope you do! :)

My shoulder started hurting around February 2012. Because of the pain I stopped training bars because it hurt the most. After a long and painful three months, I finally saw a doctor, she had me get x-rays. Results showed something was there, but wasn't exactly sure what it was and sent me to an orthopedic surgeon.

This past Tuesday, the 20th I went and saw him. He told me it was my AC joint/Clavicle: I had broken then end of my clavicle which was why it wasn't/couldn't heal. The clavicle bone breaks the most out of all other bones, isn't that crazy! (your collar bone is your clavicle bone, for those who didn't know). Anyways, most people break their clavicle in the middle and it can heal; however, I've broken the end of it which means it has nothing to heal to and therefore can't heal; but, he can scrap the bone out and clear it up that way. So not only will I have surgery on my foot, but also I will be having it on my shoulder soon as well. Next on my list is to have a catscan completed to confirm his decision and we'll see what he says at my follow up appointment, good, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment