Saturday, August 3, 2013

Payless/Bath and Body Works

Back in May I had two interviews. One for an associate/key holder position at Payless Shoe Source and the other for a promotion to a CSL at Bath and Body Works in Taylor at a higher volume store. 

I had my Payless interview first. I had two interviews; one with the store manager and other with group leader (like a district leader, with less amount of stores). They both loved me and I was hired right away.



They were only about 1 1/2 weeks apart from each other!  The job promotion at Bath and Body Works was sprung upon me and unpredicted by all means. I was told about the position on Friday evening and had an interview two days later on Sunday morning! My interview went well. There were four candidates battling for this position. Through the whole process of waiting to hear if I got the job, I completely relied on God to keep me calm. I said if I didn't get the job, God has a better plan for me and that everything has a reason. I was calm and in complete and utterly trusting in Him.
On the following Thursday, I found out my fate and this quote helped me a lot.
 
 
My store manager told me I didn't get the job. It didn't phase me, it didn't make me sad nor happy. I felt weird that I didn't have an emotion towards it. I know that it was completely because of God though. He has a better plan for me, He knows me, and He is the reason I wasn't a mess after not getting the job and great promotion.
 I asked my manager what Becky (my possible new boss and person who interviewed me) had said about anything I could have done any better or anything. I was told I knew all the right answers and was very good at my answers. She just found someone who has more experience and who had experience with a higher volume store. She asked me to become a key holder during the holiday though because she did like me.



No comments:

Post a Comment