Friday, December 30, 2011

The Arrival of Christmas… December 25th

The Arrival of Christmas… December 24th                       
As anyone who knows me personally, I’m a very impatient person, I hate waiting and I can’t sit still!! I love Christmas; I love giving out my presents to my siblings and parents, waiting for a surprising and hopefully happy response. I love shopping for them all, and usually I’m so impatient, I’m the type of person that will get everyone’s present all done at once and get all my shopping done at one store. However, this year would be different than all other years.
I had been really anxious one day and had nothing to do; I had a call-in to work at Bath and Body Works that day so I decided to “waste” time just in case I would have to use my call-in and work. I had been in a big Christmas mood, and decided to go to one of my favorite stores, T.J.Maxx, and maybe “make the maxxinesta” out of myself. I starting to shop, spending a lot of time looking through the women’s clothes for myself because shopping for myself is what I’m very good at. ;) I didn’t find anything I really liked and started shopping for Audrey and didn’t find anything much I thought was cute either so I went in the back and looked around, seeing if someTHING might catch my eye. Finally someTHING did catch my eye; I then found part of Clara’s Christmas present and part of Audrey's present. I kept looking and found nothing else so then I went to Kohl’s, first of course, looking at the women’s section, seeing if I could find any clothes that I liked, but again, couldn’t find anything I liked. Darn! I kept looked around and finally came across my dad’s gift, Bethany’s, and my teacher’s present as I was in line to check-out,  checked out and went to the mall. I shopped at Target and another store in the mall, and finished my Christmas shopping that day! I had shopped at the most stores EVER to get my Christmas list completed, which was three, and set a new record!! I have all my Christmas shopping done, now I have to think of hiding spots and hints for those hiding spots. Because I’m so impatient and horrible and gift wrapping, I refuse to wrap my presents but instead I hid them and make clues that they have to figure out and find their presents and unwrap the grocery bag that I wrap them in. I find it so much more fun to do for me and them, for those who are little and love adventures and aren’t lazy. It saves me time and effort and makes people get up and move around so I LOVE it!!! J
 Now I await extremely impatiently for December 24th, Christmas Eve, when my family will all take communion, drink sparkling grape juice, recognize Jesus’ birth and open presents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment