Sunday, January 1, 2012

Progressive Dinner

December 27, 2011
Every month all the girls above 18 years old on my mom’s side all hang out once a month. Every December we have what we call [progressive dinner]. All twelve of us girls dress up and go to the [first] house and all eat an appetizer and or dinner, hang out and spend time together. Then travel to the next house and eat desert.
On December 27, 2011 I had to work 12:00p.m. to 3:30p.m. at Bath and Body Works; our party had started at 4:00p.m.  I knew that 'to-be-on-time', I had to boot scoot and boogy my butt to the party and that meant, leaving right after work without any dilly dally. I walked into work right on time at 11:57a.m. and worked; I was usually checking customers out or helping them find product they wanted, answering questions, doing shippment ect. ect... 3:15p.m. rolled around so I had my manager check-out my items that I wanted to buy and by the time I had been finished with it all it was 3:30.pm. so I clocked-out and changed into my dress in our store-bathroom with the help of my amazing manager, Erin! :) After I was already, I came out, behind the counter to unlock my wallet and of course, working with all girls, heard many compliments on my dress and was happy to be fitting in my dress and wearing it once more before I might gain too much weight and not fit into any longer.
It had been snowing outside, and all I had worn to work was a sweatshirt; with all my managers being so motherly like, I was forced to buy a jacket to wear so I wouldn't freeze my butt of driving to my party in my van that has been heatless for two years.
 I carried all my three heavy bags through the mall, into American Eagle, trying to find a jacket that would match my dress. The bags were heavy and hurting my fingers, my dress was falling off me, and I was just having the darnest and hardest time ever; I couldn't concentrate on finding a jacket, only that my dress falling off of me and I was having to pull it up (in public) every 5 seconds (which I feel is really rude doing in public, but hey better a girl pulling up their dress than seeing their boobs right??...(damn dresses that fall off!) So I finally picked out a jacket, and waited FOREVER to get checked out while my fingers get ripped off from the bags, hangers my clothes were on, and as my dress slowly slips down farther and father.... It was finally my turn to get checked out, I got the associate who's really nice and talks to you to check me out. Of course he gets so interested in my [dress-pulling-up-skills] he forgot to enter in my $10 off coupon, so he had to return everything and then re-buy everything and use my coupon and then ask for all my information since it was a return.... wait forever,,,, pull up my dress,, and finally leave American Eagle.
I walk out into the cold, flurry, snowy weather without my jacket on, all to find some moron parked so close to my drivers side that I had to squeeze between the two vehicles sideways WITH all four of my bags!! I CAREFULLY and slowly open my door so I won't hit the moron's car beside me, lift all the bags into my car, and into the passenger side seat, which was full, and all in my dress that was falling down. I finally got situated, put on my jacket I bought turn my car on, plug in my space heater, so I will hopefully be able to see out my frosted windsheild after waiting a bit to defrost a little circle to see out of.
...So then I had to drive to the gym which is only three or so minutes away from work, drop a gift for a gift exchange there, which I was going to miss and then finally drive to my party. By the time I got to leave the gym it had already been 4:00p.m. and I was shivering.

SO the Party,, and Progressive Dinner...
This year we all went to our Aunt Lyndene’s house for the dinner, which was DELICIOUS! We had cabbage salad, twice-baked potatoes, sweet potatoes casserole, asparagus casserole, pork with glaze, rolls, and cook cinnamon apples. I sat in the dining room with my cousins Jennifer, Rebekah, and Leslie, two aunts Erin and Lyndene, and then my sister Bethany. It was a good time; we talked and laughed a lot while we were eating our fabulous meal.
The entire meal was so delicious, the sweet potatoes tasted like desert along with the cooked apples. After all of us [12 girls] were all done eating our wonderful dinner, we sat around and talked and of course laughed a lot, mostly at nothing, striving for attention from girls in the kitchen. Then we all went to my cousin Jennifer’s for desert, games, and an elephant gift exchange.
 There were many delicious deserts as ever! There was mocha punch, cream puffs, cheesecake, chocolate covered pretzels, anise (annnnn-issssss) cookies, buckeyes, and chocolate peanut covered butter chunks.
The first game we played was a guessing game, Jennifer had an apron on  that had polka dot trimming, and we were to guess the amount of dots that were on her apron, my cousin Rebekah won at a guess of 350. Then we played a game that we all drew a candy cane out of a jar and who ever got the shortest candy cane (which was cut) won, my favorite, Aunt Netsie won. ;) The next game we played was “Honey if you love me?” We went in a circle; a person to the right would sit on their lap and would say “Honey if you love me, smile” and then they would reply without a smile, chuckle, or laugh “Honey, I love you, but I just can’t smile.” If you smile, chuckle, or laugh you’re out and lose. If you know my family, we have a great array of hilarious personalities and it is impossible not to laugh with the things these girls. We had a grand time coming up with ways to make the person laugh of details that stay within the Capman Girls. Everyone at least smiled or grinned. My Aunt Lyndene won our game. Then we did our white elephant gift exchange. I received an air freshener, smells wonderful, I have placed it in our upstairs bathroom. After our fun time with our exchange, then we played a rowdy game of catch phrase, celebrity game, and a funny game of Mafia(directed my Jennifer).
My cousin, Leslie had gotten an IPad for Christmas, she took pictures on her “ ‘lol’ cam,” which makes you look like a funny alien is the best way to describe the outcomes of it. After a night full of laughter, we all went home and had fun sleeping away.
I'll post up pictures from it later, cause I don't have any right now.
I wore the same dress I wore for homecoming with straight hair. I don't have picture of the event... yet. (this is homecoming day)
Story about my dress: As I wrote before, I wore my homecoming dress, that I wore my senior year in 2010 and was constantly pulling it up one year later in American Eagle. Since I've worn my dress last on homecoming day, I have gradually lost weight (by eating healthier) and I had forgotten that when you loose weight and don't wear a dress in a long time, that you forget the size. The dress had been two sizes too big, literally. I guess that means one thing..... Time to get more dresses!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment